The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master's degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- The master's programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master's programmes by the 7th of April 2022.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Extent of Scholarship
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) â€“ a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia and Zimbabwe: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation and Ukraine: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
You must submit your application by 28 February 2022 14:59 CET.
How to apply
Visit the programme website and follow the instructions.